Are you a creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills? Are you interested in assisting local businesses in employing people with developmental disabilities? Do you have experience in business development, marketing, and/or coaching skills? If you answered "yes", we want to hear from you.! We are seeking Employment Consultants to help increase employment for people with disabilities in Benton and Franklin communities.
Employment Specialist/Job Coach
* Coaching and teaching individuals with developmental disabilities job skills
* Empowering people with disabilities to reach their full potential
* Building relationships with businesses in the community through networking
* Interacting effectively with clients, families, businesses, schools and funders
* Assessing job seekers’ marketable skills and abilities
* Managing a fluctuating daily schedule
* Writing case notes and reports that reflect your client work
* Current valid Washington State Driver's License
* Reliable transportation and proof of current vehicle liability insurance
* Pass a background check to serve vulnerable populations
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
Ideal candidates will have
* Minimum one (1) year of experience teaching skills and/or coaching to individuals with disabilities
* Consultative sales skills and/or experience
* Previous experience with maintaining a case load of clients
* Technical, report writing, and/or case note writing experience
* Highly effective time-management skills
* The ability to work collaboratively in a learning environment
* A high level of self-accountability, self-motivated
* Creative problem-solver
* Emotional intelligence, empathy for under-served communities
* Willing to make mistakes, learn and demonstrate what you've learned
Position considered open until filled. Background investigation will be required before officially hired. This job description is a guide, subject to change at the discretion of management.
Job Type: Part-time with potential of Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour DOE
How to Apply
Download an application, fill it out, and email it with a copy of your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Due to COVID-19 in person applications will NOT be accepted.
Responding to Autism Services is an equal Opportunity Employer.