Are you a creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills? Are you interested in assisting local businesses in employing people with developmental disabilities? Do you have experience in business development, marketing, and/or coaching skills? If you answered "yes", we want to hear from you! We are seeking Employment Consultants and Job Coaches to help increase employment for people with disabilities in our local community.
Employment Consultant/Job Coach
* Coaching and teaching individuals with developmental disabilities job skills
* Empowering people with disabilities to reach their full potential
* Building relationships with businesses in the community through networking
* Interacting effectively with clients, families, businesses, schools and funders
* Assessing job seekers’ marketable skills and abilities
* Managing a fluctuating daily schedule
* Writing case notes and reports that reflect your client work
* Current valid Washington State Driver's License
* Reliable transportation and proof of current vehicle liability insurance
* Pass a background check to serve vulnerable populations
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
Ideal candidates will have
* Minimum one (1) year of experience teaching skills and/or coaching to individuals with disabilities
* Previous experience with maintaining a case load of clients
* Technical, report writing, and/or case note writing experience
* Highly effective time-management skills
* The ability to work collaboratively in a learning environment
* A high level of self-accountability, self-motivated
* Creative problem-solver
* Emotional intelligence, empathy for under-served communities
* Willing to make mistakes, learn and demonstrate what you've learned
Background investigation will be required before officially hired. This job description is a guide, subject to change at the discretion of management.
Job Type: Part-time and Full-time positions available
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour DOE
How to Apply
Download an application, fill it out, and email it with a copy of your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Responding to Autism Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.